WXNR – THE HOT FM
HOT’S GOAT BUNDLE CONTEST
These rules apply to all contests conducted by Curtis Media Group, Inc. d/b/a WXNR, The Hot FM. In addition, the General Contest Rules posted on the Station’s website may apply to this contest.
- HOW TO ENTER AND PLAY
- The Hot’s GOAT Bundle Contest will begin 1/10/2022 and end 1/28/2022.
- To participate in the contest, listen weekdays between 2pm and 7pm for your cue to be the 9th caller at 252-636-9967, play “Would You Rather”, win a Bojangles Biscuit Coupon and qualify to win the Grand Prize Package: 43” Fire TV, a bundle of digital movies and a Goat Blanket. Only one immediate family member or household member may qualify to win during the entire contest. Must be 18 or older to qualify and win. Listeners must use their own true name/information and cannot qualify using false information for another person. No contesting on Thursday and Friday, January 20th and 21st.
- ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
- Contest open to all Station listeners who are 18 years of age or older and who are legal US residents and reside in Eastern North Carolina. Contestants must possess a valid, government-issued ID. Winner must show proof of North Carolina residency to verify eligibility. Contestants must use their own name and information. Contestants are not allowed to use anyone else’s name or information for qualifying or contesting on WXNR.
- Employees of the Station, its licensee, its parent corporation, their affiliated entities, affiliated advertising agencies, participating sponsors/promotional partners, other radio stations in the Greenville, New Bern, Jacksonville, NC and the members of their immediate families are ineligible to participate or win.
- Listeners are eligible to win a Station contest only once every thirty (30) days and a prize valued at $600 or more, only once every six months. Only one winner per household (whether related or not) is permitted in any contest. Contestants must use their own name and information. Contestants are not allowed to use anyone else’s name or information for qualifying or contesting on WXNR.
- Qualifying Prize is a coupon for a Bojangles BoBerry Biscuit valued at approximately $1. 1 Grand Prize Winner of a 43” Fire TV valued at $300, a bundle of digital movies valued at approximately $100 and a Goat Blanket valued at $30 for a total value of $430.00.
- Unless otherwise specified, all prizes or prize certificates must be claimed at the office of the Station located at 207 Glenburnie Drive, New Bern, NC 28560 Monday-Friday, during regular business hours. Prize or prize certificate must be claimed within days of winning. Failure to claim prize by the specified time will result in forfeiture of the prize.
- Unless otherwise permitted by the Station, winner(s) must claim his or her prize in person, and a prize cannot be claimed by third parties on behalf of the winner. If a contest is open to entrants under the age of 18 and a winner is under the age of 18, a parent or legal guardian must claim the prize.
- In the event that a prize or prize certificate is mailed to the winner, it will be with the prior written consent of the winner and therefore, winner assumes the risk of its arrival. Station is not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize or prize certificate.
- Prizes are not transferable. Prizes may not be substituted for or redeemed for cash.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS
- One Grand Prize Winner will be randomly selected from all eligible qualifiers on Friday, January 28th before 7pm.
- Winner must listen towin. Winner will be notified by phone. If the winner(s) cannot be contacted within 48 hours after the prize is awarded, an alternate winner will be selected.
- Decisions of station management with respect to the contest are final.
a. WARNING: Online listeners to streamed broadcasts may experience a lag in transmissions.
b. Taxes and Liability: Payment of all federal, state and local taxes is the sole responsibility of the winner. Contest winnings will be reported to the Internal Revenue Service and winners can expect to receive a 1099 tax form for prizes which total more than $600 for the calendar year. Winners may be required to accurately complete and submit IRS Form W-9 to the Station as a condition of acceptance of a prize.
c. By participating in the contest, contestant agrees to have his or her name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest without additional financial or other compensation.
d. By participating in the contest, contestants hereby releases and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Station, its licensee, affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporation and each of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, advertising and PR agencies, sponsors, advertisers, promotional partners, agents, representatives, and their successors and assigns, and all others connected with them and the contest (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any and all liability, claims, actions and damages sustained or incurred by participation in the contest and the receipt and use of any prize awarded (if any) through such contest arising in any manner whatsoever.
e. Contest winners (and their guests or travel companions, if any) may be required in the Station’s sole discretion, to sign a liability release and a publicity release. A winner (or his/her parent or legal guardian if under the age of 18 years) must execute and return any required release within five (5) business days from notification or winner will be disqualified and the prize will be forfeited. An alternate winner may be chosen by random selection. Pursuant to the liability release, the winners will agree to hold the Released Parties harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the contest. Any contestant (or his/her parent or legal guardian, if applicable) who refuses to sign any required release will forfeit any and all prizes.
f. The Station will be excused from its obligation to conduct the contest if its performance is delayed or prevented due to causes beyond its control, including, but not limited to acts of God, public enemies, war, civil disorder, fire, flood, hurricanes, explosion, labor disputes or strikes, and any acts by any governmental authority.
g. The Station, its licensee, affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporation, sponsors, advertisers and promotional partners, and their assigns and successors are not responsible for failure to conduct or for alterations to the contest due to circumstances beyond the control of any such entity.
h. Decisions of Station management with respect to the contest are final.
i. The Station reserves the right to end any contest or amend these rules upon announcement on air or publication at www.thenewhotfm.com
j. The Station reserves the right to make changes to the rules of the contest, including the substitution of a prize or prizes of equivalent or greater value, which will become effective upon announcement.
k. The Station is not responsible for any prizes or certificates lost or stolen after the winner has claimed them from the Station.
l. Prizes are awarded ‘as is’ with no guarantees or warranties as to use. Acceptance of a prize releases the Station, its sponsors, promotional partners and advertisers from all liability and claims concerning the prize, its delivery, and its use.
m. The Station is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the contest or in the announcement of a prize. The Station is not responsible for (i) lost, stolen, mutilated, misdirected, postage due, illegible, incomplete or late entries; (ii) telephone or mobile service outages, delays, busy signals, facsimile transmission errors, equipment malfunctions and any other technological difficulties that may prevent an individual from completing his/her telephone call or from sending a text message (if applicable, message and data rates may apply, and the Station is not responsible for any fees incurred by an entrant for this method of entry); (iii) entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties or other technical difficulties.
n. By participating in this contest, contestants agree to be bound by these rules. Failure to comply with the contest rules may result in a contestant’s disqualification, at the sole discretion of the Station.
o. Contestants are required to provide truthful information as part of their entry and the Station will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entry from contestants who do not meet the eligibility requirements and the Station will also delete any online entry knowingly received from contestants under the age of 13 in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
p. Any materials submitted become the property of the Station and will not be returned.
q. No purchase is necessary. The contest is void where prohibited. Contests and promotions are subject to all federal, state and local laws.
s. Copies of the written contest rules and a list of all winners are available during regular business hours at the main studio of The Hot FM/WXNR 207 Glenburnie Drive, New Bern, NC 28560 or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station.
entries by phone
a. The Station cannot be held responsible for allegations of telephone malfunctions. The Station is not responsible for callers lost or disconnected before completing his or her prize claim. When a caller is lost or disconnected prior to broadcast, the Station can, at its discretion, select the next eligible caller received to win/participate. The Station is not responsible for any lost connections, miscommunications, failed computer or telephone transmissions, equipment or other technical failure or service interruptions. The Station is not responsible for any carrier or server delays or failures.
a. The Station is not responsible for entries not received due to difficulty accessing the Internet, service outages or delays, computer difficulties or other technological glitches.
b. Contest participants using the Internet must provide a valid email address.
c. The Station and sponsors are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone or other transmission failures of any kind; lost or unavailable network connections; or incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions whether caused by the Station, users, by any equipment or programming utilized in promotions, games or contests, or by human error which may occur in the processing of submissions, which may limit a participant’s ability to participate.
d. The Station reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend a promotion, game or contest should a virus, bug, computer or other problem beyond the control of the Station corrupt the administration, security or proper execution of game or contest. The Station, in its sole discretion, may award prizes to entries received by alternate means. All Internet participants agree to be bound by the specific contest rules, and the General Contest Rules appearing above.
e. To enter online, you must enter your first name and last name, complete address, city, state, zip code, home telephone number and a valid email address in the online entry form. One Internet entry per person and one Internet entry per email address. Internet entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible by assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address.
f. The Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process, the operation of the Station website or who is otherwise in violation of the rules. The Station further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the contest if it is not capable of completion as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort.